AIDS Resource & COVID-19
Update, June 29: AIDS Resource’s tentative re-open date for our offices is Monday, July 13. Due to COVID-19, all staff and clients are required to wear a mask at all times when in the office. If a client does not have a mask, they will be given a disposable one upon arrival.
Clients must make appointments with their case manager, no walk-ins. All clients will be asked COVID-19 screening questions when making their appointment and upon arrival as well as have their temperature taken. Clients must wear masks. There will still not be any support groups, social activities or food pantries. Food delivery will continue as it has over the past few months.
Testing will resume once we receive the green light from the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Once it does resume, it will be by appointment only and our offices. For now we will not be holding testing events outside of our facilities. Testing clients will call from their car to gain entry to the building where they will enter from the testing room door. Testing clients will answer screening questions and have temperature taken upon arrival.
PrEP clinics will continue per our doctor’s direction. All PrEP clients must wear masks.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but we will not be testing for HIV or STIs at this time. If you have been exposed to or think you were exposed to HIV or an STI, please contact your primary care physician.
The following locations in the counties we cover are offering HIV and STD/STI testing:
– Trucare Internal Medicine & Infectious Disease, 135 Midway Drive in Dubois, 814-371-2348
– Family Planning Services Lewisburg, 4612 Westbranch Highway in Lewisburg, 570-542-3600
– Family Planning Services Selinsgrove, 713 Bridge St., Suite 7 in Selinsgrove, 570-372-0637
We will be doing free mail order condoms for the duration of the stay-at-home order. To receive condoms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
City Bus Schedules
Message from the PA Department of Health
The Division of HIV Disease and STD Program are providing guidance in regards to contractual HIV and STD testing and Treatment Services in light of the COVID-19 response and impact in Pennsylvania. As a result, the following clarifications are being provided to you in regards to contractual expectations under the HIV/STD Participating Provider Agreement:
- Syphilis, Chlamydia/Gonorrhea, HIV Outreach and non-healthcare targeted testing are suspended until further notice.
- If your site is funded through a PPA to provide PrEP clinical visits, use your discretion for the continuation of these services.
- If your site provides STD clinical services, use your discretion for the continuation of these services. If STD clinical hours are being restricted or cancelled, we ask that you immediately notify Kris King at email@example.com .
Special Note: Clients seen at your facility that are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, and difficulty breathing) are to be immediately referred to their medical provider and advised to call ahead to help the medical provider prepare. The CDC urges those who may have been exposed to avoid public places and limit contact with other people. If the client does not have a private medical provider, call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) for further guidance.