AIDS Resource & COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, AIDS Resource is taking precautions that will change up how the agency normally operates to decrease the likelihood of clients, staff or other community members coming into contact with the virus. Both offices are closed to clients until further notice. Case management services and emergency assistance are still available.
There will not be PrEP clinic, client activities, food pantries or support groups until otherwise stated by AIDS Resource.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but we will not be testing for HIV or STIs at this time. If you have been exposed to or think you were exposed to HIV or an STI, please contact your primary care physician.
The following locations in the counties we cover are offering HIV and STD/STI testing:
– Trucare Internal Medicine & Infectious Disease, 135 Midway Drive in Dubois, 814-371-2348
– Family Planning Services Lewisburg, 4612 Westbranch Highway in Lewisburg, 570-542-3600
– Family Planning Services Selinsgrove, 713 Bridge St., Suite 7 in Selinsgrove, 570-372-0637
We will be doing free mail order condoms for the duration of the stay-at-home order. To receive condoms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
City Bus Schedules
Message from the PA Department of Health
The Division of HIV Disease and STD Program are providing guidance in regards to contractual HIV and STD testing and Treatment Services in light of the COVID-19 response and impact in Pennsylvania. As a result, the following clarifications are being provided to you in regards to contractual expectations under the HIV/STD Participating Provider Agreement:
- Syphilis, Chlamydia/Gonorrhea, HIV Outreach and non-healthcare targeted testing are suspended until further notice.
- If your site is funded through a PPA to provide PrEP clinical visits, use your discretion for the continuation of these services.
- If your site provides STD clinical services, use your discretion for the continuation of these services. If STD clinical hours are being restricted or cancelled, we ask that you immediately notify Kris King at email@example.com .
Special Note: Clients seen at your facility that are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, and difficulty breathing) are to be immediately referred to their medical provider and advised to call ahead to help the medical provider prepare. The CDC urges those who may have been exposed to avoid public places and limit contact with other people. If the client does not have a private medical provider, call 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) for further guidance.